Cream cheese frosting is pretty much the only frosting that exists in my house. Buttercream frostings are well..too buttery and sugary for my taste. But this recipe for cream cheese frosting is just the perfect balance of sweetness and creaminess. Adding cream cheese frosting in the center of these delicate, most vanilla cupcakes makes it extra delish!
Vanilla Cupcake Recipe
- 2 3/4 flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) softened unsalted butter
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1) Combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl and mix using an electric mixer.
2) Add the softened butter to the dry ingredients a little bit at a time, allowing the butter to combine before adding more butter. Mix at low speed.
3) Add the eggs to the mixture one at a time. Mix at low speed.
4) In a small separate bowl, add milk and vanilla and whisk together.
5) Add the milk and vanilla to the rest of the mixture. Mix at low speed.
6) Fill the cupcake liners with the batter until each liner is 3/4 full.
7) Bake at 350ºF. Bake for 16 – 18 minutes. Let cupcakes cool before frosting.
Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
- 1/2 cup of softened butter (1 stick)
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese (1 package)
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Piping bag & tip
1) Combine butter and cream cheese in a large bowl and mix with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes on medium speed until very smooth. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure even mixing.
2) Add vanilla extract.
3) Add the powdered sugar, 1/2 a cup at a time until you get to desired sweetness and thickness.
4) Add frosting to piping bag.
1)Once the cupcakes have cooled, use the piping bag of frosting to gently poke a hole at the center top of the cupcake and squeeze the piping bag very gently for 3 seconds to add just a little bit of cream cheese frosting in the center.
2) Frost top of cupcake
3) Garnish with sprinkles! I had my designated sprinkle man to help me out with this. He choose green sprinkles in honor of St. Patrick's Day.
4) Bite, savor and enjoy!